Public Health means protecting the health of the public. It is due to the dedicated members of the Board of Health who volunteer their time and talents that the health of this county is monitored and assessed.
All 99 counties in Iowa are under the leadership of their own board of health and Monona County is no exception. Some of the responsibilities of the local Board of Health include the following:
1. Support the mission of public health and the fundamentals of core public health functions:
2. Communicate with residents of Monona County:
3. Develop public health policy based on input from the community:
4. Assure compliance with legal responsibilities:
5. Understand and support quality and accountable practices:
Membership of a Local Board of Health:
Vacancy due to death, resignation, or other cause shall be filled as soon as possible after the vacancy exists for the unexpired term of the original appointment.
Current Board of Health Members:
Kathleen Bonnes, Chairperson
Sheri Joyner, Vice-Chairperson
Tracy Kahl, D.O.
Mary Joan Dougherty
Please click the link below for more Board of Health guidelines:
Iowa Local Boards of Health Guidebook
Local Boards of Health Toolkit
Bureau of Local Public Health Services - Local Board of Health